Mold Remediation in Medford, NY 11763
How To Do Early Stage Mold Treatment At Home The Right Way In Medford, NY?
Mold is such a problem that it needs an immediate and permanent solution. Are you facing any mold problems but still confused about resolving the mold issues? Whether you should hire a team of professionals or you can fix it on your own?
Let us resolve this confusion for you; whether you should hire a professional mold treatment service or how to fix it on your own?
Getting rid of mold around Suffolk County is not easy, but everyone wants to kill mold despite being hazardous. Mold is present everywhere, but it grows when it comes in contact with moisture or water. Mold spores are microscopic and float in the air, but they start growing and turn into colonies when contact with moisture.
The process of mold treatment depends upon the surface and area. You should first stop the source of water or moisture due to which it arises. But it’s recommended by experts to hire a professional mold treatment service when the affected area crosses 10 square feet area.
7 Step Formula To Do Mold Treatment On Your Own
Mold grows when it comes in contact with moisture or water, and it needs immediate treatment to secure your property and health.
If you want to do mold treatment yourself, here is the 7 step formula by First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.. Follow this formula step by step, and don’t forget any safety precautions.
1) Don’t go for mold cleanup if you have any health concerns. Keep the essential tools like drywall saw, scrub brush, shop vacuum, paintbrush, window fan, and utility knife. Wear safety glasses, rubber gloves, and N -95 respirator; safety precaution is the priority. Otherwise, it may cause respiratory problems and skin problems.
2) Firstly, check the HVAC system (heating/ventilation/air/conditioning), as if this is the reason for the exposure to mold. If the HVAC is found contaminated with mold, you should clean it to stop mold spread.
3) Inspect the mold and check its affected area and the cause of the mold (don’t clean on your own if the affected area exceeds 10 square feet). If the reason is sewage or contaminated water, go for a professional service from First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc..
4) Repair leaky pipes and other water problems; completely dry all the items.
5) Scrub down the mold surface with a scrub brush, detergent, and water. Clean the surface properly and dry the surface.
6) If you find absorbent or porous materials like carpet and ceiling tiles, throw them out. Mold can grow anywhere especially empty spaces and crevices of porous materials, and it would be more challenging to remove the mold in your home.
7) After removing the mold from the surface, dry the surface before applying paint, as it may get peeled if applied over moldy surfaces.
If you are unsure about cleaning up mold, it’s better to hire a professional mold cleanup service that does permanent mold treatment. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is a preferred choice of residents in Medford, NY for the mold treatment.
Want Professional Mold Treatment Near Medford? Call us At 631-587-5300
If the DIY mold treatment formula doesn’t sound great for you, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. in Medford, NY is the best alternative solution for you. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. offers various services, including mold remediation, mold inspection, and so more.
Indeed, you are not an expert, so why lose your time and efforts in such an activity where the result is not guaranteed. It’s better to hire a professional service who will tackle molds and make your home clean with mold treatment.
First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is premier mold remediation and mold removal experts in Medford, NY. Our experts in Suffolk County are efficient in cleaning all types of mold treatment in a property, and we have been serving around Suffolk County and nearby areas for many years.
Mold damages are concerning for your home and your health. Call us today at 631-587-5300 and get professional mold treatment with First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.! Whether you are a family with 0-3 kids, retirees, or working couples, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. ensures mold-free homes.
Some information about Medford, NY
Medford is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) in the Town of Brookhaven in Suffolk County, on Long Island, in New York, United States. The population was 24,142 at the 2010 census.
The Long Island Rail Road established the Medford station in 1843 in a flat wilderness in the Long Island Central Pine Barrens. The station connected to the Patchogue Stage Road between Patchogue and Port Jefferson, and a post office was established.
In 1907 the LIRR established the Medford Prosperity Farm (officially called Experimental Station #2) on 80 acres (320,000 m2) to show that crops could be raised in the Pine Barrens. Theodore Roosevelt visited the station in August 1910. As the car drove across a trail between Medford and Wading River, it got stuck in the mud and Roosevelt was said to take a ‘flying leap’ to get out.
By the mid-to-late-20th century, developers were building new neighborhoods within Medford. Eagle Estates was built along Horse Block Road east of NY 112 in 1963, although it was planned as far back as the 1930s. The development included a Blue Jay Market shopping center on Horseblock Road west of Eagle Avenue, and a youth baseball and athletic field east of Sipp Avenue between Wave and Race avenues. The Long Island Expressway was built through Medford in 1970, with interchanges at New York State Route 112 and Horseblock Road, the latter of which is close to an older interchange with Horseblock Road and Long Island Avenue, and was not completed until 1999. The Pines was established in the 1970s east of Buffalo Avenue, south of Jamaica Avenue, north of Woodside Avenue and far west of Patchogue-Yaphank Road.
Directions from Medford, NY to First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.
Here are some cleaning-related links:
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association
- International Sanitary Supply Association
- Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- Cleaning For A Reason: An ISSA Charity