FLOOD WATER REMOVAL
SERVING ALL OF LONG ISLAND
We Can Deal With All Kinds of
First Response Restoration can handle all sizes of flooding emergencies. Fully certified by the IICRC, we can tackle flood damage cases quickly and efficiently. Regardless of the actual amount of water, standing water can soak into walls, carpets, furniture that is present in the affected area and floors.
When outside water seeps into the home, there are several factors to consider. Bacteria, bio-hazardous materials, debris and other contaminants become present. This can cause quite a mess if not handled properly.
You need our team of technicians to assist! When you call First Response Restoration, you can be assured that we will properly extract any standing water, get to work drying the affected area and clean up any contaminants as soon as possible!
What can cause flood damage?
There are plenty of ways a home can experience flood damage. It is not only due to overflow of rivers, streams or weather. Do note that each can cause plenty of damage and each can generate a high cost. Here are some examples:
- “Doing it yourself”. It is amazing how many people manage to cause their homes to flood, all while trying to “fix” something!! If you are trying to save some money, please leave the plumbing to the plumbers. There are too many things that could go wrong and end up costing you more in the long run.
- Weather. No big surprise there. All it takes is a large storm in your area and your home could experience serious flooding. Snow and/or ice melts could cause your basement to flood depending on how much there is.
- Frozen/Burst pipes. This one happens to be quite common. Unfortunately a small crack can lead to huge damages. Not only that, the water tends to migrate down the walls, causing a very expensive bill if not treated correctly.
- Leaky roof. Another very common problem is a roof with a leak. It doesn’t even have to be a big leak to cause problems. The water from rain or melting snow eventually leaks through the roof, soaks into the walls of the building and keeps on pouring down causing damage all the way down into the basement. Bottom line, First Response Restoration can assist you in your water damage and drying needs.
- Sump pump. A failed sump pump can cause extensive amounts of flooding. Sump pumps can get clogged, frozen, overwhelmed (if there is just one) or can lose power. If any one of those instances occur, then you could be in for a flooded basement or crawl space.
First Response Restoration’s Commitment to Service:
A fast response time is one thing we pride ourselves with. We are well aware that the longer it takes, the worse things get. We run twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. If you place a call with us, we do what we can to immediately dispatch a technician.
- Professional technicians – Our technicians are well trained, experienced and certified. They are exactly the type of people who can help determine the problem and propose a method for repair.
- Accurate Assessments – No matter what caused the flooding, our technicians are trained to quickly find out the cause of the problem and provide all the information needed to report back to the insurance company. This way, you have all the documentation to prove that progress is being made.
- Quick Repairs – Once the drying plan and repair assessment is complete, our technicians get to work immediately. We are well aware that time is of the essence and that your insurance company needs to see progress. At First Response Restoration, we start quickly and monitor the project on a daily basis.
- IICRC certified technicians – ALL our technicians are certified. Anything else is considered as unacceptable by our standards. We wouldn’t want something less than a proven professional with credentials working for us. We’d already expect you would want the same.
- Top of the line equipment – We provide all the latest and greatest tools for the job to all our technicians. In short, we come prepared. Our trucks are equipped with high tech equipment, air movers, air scrubbers, dehumidifiers, moisture monitors and water extraction tools to handle your basement extraction.
First Response Restoration provides reconstruction services in addition to basement extraction services for your commercial property. Sometimes, we cannot save the building materials. We will ensure that the affected area of your business looks as good as it did before the flooding incident.
If you are facing a flood damage situation in your basement, and need extraction services, call First Response Restoration. We are fully certified by the IICRC and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.