SERVING ALL OF LONG ISLAND
We Will Provide Fire Damage Restoration Of Your Home
A fire can break out at any given time and it will cause damage. First Response Restoration is committed to bringing your personal belongings back to their previous state before the fire occurred. When a fire strikes, there are various kinds of damage including smoke, soot, and heat damage. Not only can this cause immediate damage, but it can have longer lasting effects on things like foods, appliances, and electrical systems. Bring in the professionals to help you through this time. First Response Restoration has the experience and training necessary to restore your home after the fire.
What can cause flood damage?
First Response Restoration provides fast and efficient flood damage services for your commercial building. We are a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week establishment. Our team of technicians are fully certified by the IICRC, and our company is licensed, bonded and insured. Once a call is placed, our guys will arrive as soon as possible, with the tools and equipment needed to start the extraction process. We also keep in constant communication with your insurance company- handing the process from start to finish so you can focus on doing what you do best- running your business.
Types of Fire Damage: Smoke Inhalation Can Cause Death
- Heat Damage– Heat is known as one of the top enemies of electrical systems, structural integrity, appliances and electronics. When electrical wires and/or the panel box in the building become heated, they wear out faster and contain more hazards. Structural integrity becomes weaker in the concerned part of the building. Appliances and electronics are known to short out and possibly electrocute someone after being exposed to high heat.
- Soot damage– Soot can soak into just about everything. It’s the residue left behind from burning something. Not only does it leave an ugly stain; it can deteriorate things that it’s stuck to. For example, if soot gets into electronic devices, it can cause a short circuit.
- Smoke damage -Not only does it smell bad, it can be lethal. Smoke inhalation has caused plenty of deaths. If not properly removed, it can linger and still cause health problems. The smoke must be completely removed from the building in order for the building to be deemed as safe to enter.
What can I do if Fire strikes?
Find Safety. First and foremost, get yourself and anyone else you’re concerned with to a safe place away from the smoke and fire.
Inventory your Items. Once the building is deemed safe to enter, inventory your belongings in the damaged areas as best you can. Then make copies of that list. You will need this inventory list for various reasons.
Contact Professionals. The faster you act, the faster we can respond and get there to help.
Let the house breathe. Open up all the windows and doors in the building to air it out as much as possible.
Empty the refrigerator/freezer and leave it open. If the electrical system in the building was damaged by the fire, it’s best to unplug the refrigerator/freezer, empty it, and leave it open to let it air out. This way, you avoid any food from rotting or melting.
Don’t try cleaning until things are deemed safe. You could be spreading more dust and problems. Let the professionals handle it first.
Avoid appliances and electronics. Do this until everything is deemed safe. Beforehand, there is potential to be electrocuted due to an undetected short circuit in the electronic device and/or appliance in question.
First Response Restoration’s Commitment to Service:
A fast response time for your fire restoration situation is one thing we pride ourselves with. We are well aware that the longer it takes, the worse things get. We run twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. If you place a call with us, we do what we can to immediately dispatch a technician.
- Professional technicians– Our technicians are well trained, experienced and certified. They are exactly the type of people who can help determine the problem and propose a method for repair.
- Accurate Assessments– No matter what caused the fire, our technicians are trained to quickly find out the cause of the problem and provide all the information needed to report back to the insurance company. This way, you have all the documentation to prove that progress is being made.
- Quick Repairs– Once the restoration plan and repair assessment is complete, our technicians get to work immediately. We are well aware that time is of the essence and that your insurance company needs to see progress. At First Response Restoration, we start quickly and monitor the project on a daily basis.
- IICRC certified technicians– ALL our technicians are certified. Anything else is considered as unacceptable by our standards. We wouldn’t want something less than a proven professional with credentials working for us. We’d expect you would want the same.
- Top-of-the-line equipment. We provide all the latest and greatest tools for the job to all our technicians. In short, we come prepared. Our trucks are equipped with all of the tools needed to handle your Fire Restoration project.
If you just faced a fire, and need fire damage restoration services or other kind of restoration like from flood damage, call First Response Restoration. We are fully certified by the IICRC and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.