Mold Remediation Lindenhurst, NY
Mold Remediation in Lindenhurst, NY 11757
How To Do Early Stage Mold Treatment At Home The Right Way In Lindenhurst, NY?
Mold is such a problem that it needs an immediate and permanent solution. Are you facing any mold problems but still confused about resolving the mold issues? Whether you should hire a team of professionals or you can fix it on your own?
Let us resolve this confusion for you; whether you should hire a professional mold treatment service or how to fix it on your own?
Getting rid of mold around Suffolk County is not easy, but everyone wants to kill mold despite being hazardous. Mold is present everywhere, but it grows when it comes in contact with moisture or water. Mold spores are microscopic and float in the air, but they start growing and turn into colonies when contact with moisture.
The process of mold treatment depends upon the surface and area. You should first stop the source of water or moisture due to which it arises. But it’s recommended by experts to hire a professional mold treatment service when the affected area crosses 10 square feet area.
7 Step Formula To Do Mold Treatment On Your Own
Mold grows when it comes in contact with moisture or water, and it needs immediate treatment to secure your property and health.
If you want to do mold treatment yourself, here is the 7 step formula by First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.. Follow this formula step by step, and don’t forget any safety precautions.
1) Don’t go for mold cleanup if you have any health concerns. Keep the essential tools like drywall saw, scrub brush, shop vacuum, paintbrush, window fan, and utility knife. Wear safety glasses, rubber gloves, and N -95 respirator; safety precaution is the priority. Otherwise, it may cause respiratory problems and skin problems.
2) Firstly, check the HVAC system (heating/ventilation/air/conditioning), as if this is the reason for the exposure to mold. If the HVAC is found contaminated with mold, you should clean it to stop mold spread.
3) Inspect the mold and check its affected area and the cause of the mold (don’t clean on your own if the affected area exceeds 10 square feet). If the reason is sewage or contaminated water, go for a professional service from First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc..
4) Repair leaky pipes and other water problems; completely dry all the items.
5) Scrub down the mold surface with a scrub brush, detergent, and water. Clean the surface properly and dry the surface.
6) If you find absorbent or porous materials like carpet and ceiling tiles, throw them out. Mold can grow anywhere especially empty spaces and crevices of porous materials, and it would be more challenging to remove the mold in your home.
7) After removing the mold from the surface, dry the surface before applying paint, as it may get peeled if applied over moldy surfaces.
If you are unsure about cleaning up mold, it’s better to hire a professional mold cleanup service that does permanent mold treatment. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is a preferred choice of residents in Lindenhurst, NY for the mold treatment.
Want Professional Mold Treatment Near Lindenhurst? Call us At 631-587-5300
If the DIY mold treatment formula doesn’t sound great for you, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. in Lindenhurst, NY is the best alternative solution for you. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. offers various services, including mold remediation, mold inspection, and so more.
Indeed, you are not an expert, so why lose your time and efforts in such an activity where the result is not guaranteed. It’s better to hire a professional service who will tackle molds and make your home clean with mold treatment.
First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is premier mold remediation and mold removal experts in Lindenhurst, NY. Our experts in Suffolk County are efficient in cleaning all types of mold treatment in a property, and we have been serving around Suffolk County and nearby areas for many years.
Mold damages are concerning for your home and your health. Call us today at 631-587-5300 and get professional mold treatment with First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.! Whether you are a family with 0-3 kids, retirees, or working couples, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. ensures mold-free homes.
Some information about Lindenhurst, NY
Lindenhurst is a village in Suffolk County, New York, United States, on the southern shore of Long Island in the town of Babylon. The population was 27,253 at the 2010 census.
The village was originally named ‘Breslau’ because the town’s original German settlers were from the city of Breslau in Silesia (present-day Wrocław, Poland.) The town was founded in 1873 and renamed Lindenhurst in 1891.
On October 30, 2012, Hurricane Sandy flooded over half the village’s streets. On the southern side of Montauk Highway the water reached up to 6 feet (1.8 m) high. When multiple fires broke out south of Montauk Highway, firefighters were able to contain these fires to their respective dwellings limiting further damage to neighboring houses. Firefighters from most of the Town of Babylon helped control the fires in Lindenhurst. Firefighters fought the blazes in water that was 4 feet high in high spots and 6 feet in lower areas. The people that lived on the northern side of Lindenhurst had no power for over a week. Because of incidents of looting the vacated homes on the south side of Lindenhurst, the police force had to impose limitations. Curfews were enforced, and only people with proof of residency were allowed south of Montauk Highway. After two days the water receded.
Useful links for Lindenhurst, NY
Directions from Lindenhurst, NY to First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.
Here are some cleaning-related links:
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association
- International Sanitary Supply Association
- Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- Cleaning For A Reason: An ISSA Charity