Mold Remediation in Plainview, NY 11803
Everything You Need To Know About Mold Inspection And Testing In Plainview, NY
Are you planning to buy a new home in Plainview, NY? Did you observe any black spots in your own house in Nassau County?
Molds can be hazardous to your health if left untreated or undetected. Inspecting mold spores or noticing any dark spots in your home can help you make informed decisions before buying a new house.
First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is the most extensive and reliable mold inspection, mole testing, and mole remediation company in Plainview, NY.
Situations Or Incidents After Which Mold Inspection Is Must
Many people in Nassau County believe that it is easy to spot a mold. But molds can grow anywhere from ceiling bathrooms to not visible places like behind the wallpaper or baseboards.
You should do mold inspection regularly. There are situations, events, and incidents in which you should check for any mold problems:
1) Water damage: You need to get your place inspected if there are any roof leaks or broken pipes. Any place in your house that got wet and you could not dry it within 48 hours. The place may have got contaminated by mold.
2) Buying New Property: When you plan to buy a house, it is essential to get inspected for water leakages and mold.
3) Unoccupied House: If your house was unoccupied for many months, there are chances for mold development. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. can only identify the mold problems by inspecting the home.
4) After Mold Remediation: If you have recently done any mold remediation, regular check-ups can also help you ensure that your mold problem is resolved entirely.
5) Observe Mold Growing In Your Home: If you notice any dark spots of black or green color growing in your home, these can be molds.
6) Strange Smell: If you find any foul smell inside your house, it can be mold growing in your home. Get your house checked by a professional immediately before it spreads and damages the entire house.
7) Health Complications: Health issues like asthma or other respiratory problems can be due to exposure to molds. It is better to get your place inspected to get rid of mildew to be safe and healthy.
Types Of Mold Testing Performed By Mold Testing Professionals
We, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. in Nassau County, provide a full range of services from inspection to testing to remediation. Any inspection done without testing is like half work done. The test helps you determine what kind of mold is present, and accordingly, the professionals can suggest treatment. There are four basic types of testing professionals do.
1) Air Quality Test: It helps identify the concentration of mold spores in the air. The mold usually develops in dark, moist places. And they slowly spread over time.
2) Surface Test: This test helps determine the extent of your mold problem. The samples are collected from hard surfaces like walls, cabinets, etc.
3) Bulk Testing: This test determines the concentration of mold inside the walls or low visibility places.
4) Culture Tests: It identifies the exact type of mold in your house. The samples are collected from several places from your home. They are further sent to the laboratory to determine the precise kind of mold. And accordingly, the treatment is suggested by the specialist.
A complete physical examination of your house is done during the mold inspection. The mold inspector uses flashlights, cameras, and other tools to access the place prone to mold growth like HVAC ducts, pipes, storage areas, etc. The EPA recommends calling experienced professionals if the mold contamination is more than 10 square feet.
Call us First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc., if you are buying a new house in Plainview, NY, or suspect any mold problems in your home. Our experts in Plainview, NY, will contact you promptly. Call us at 516-541-0500 if you need a trusted partner to help you make that choice.
Some information about Plainview, NY
Plainview is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) located near the North Shore of Long Island in the town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County, New York, United States. The population of the CDP as of 2010 was 26,217. The Plainview post office has the ZIP code 11803.
Plainview’s origins date to 1648, when Robert Williams, a settler from Wales, bought land in the area. The land was considered desirable for farming because of a small pond named the Moscopas by local Native Americans, meaning ‘hole of dirt and water’. The remainder of the land in the area was purchased by Thomas Powell in 1695 as part of the Bethpage Purchase. The name ‘Mannatto Hill’ had already appeared on the 1695 deed of the Bethpage Purchase, and the settlement came to be called ‘Manetto Hill’. Manitou was the Native American word either for ‘god’ or for ‘spirit’.
The 1837 arrival of the Long Island Rail Road to nearby Hicksville brought a boom to local farming. In 1885, residents of Manetto Hill petitioned the United States Postal Service for a local post office, but were turned down because, according to several accounts, a similar name was already in use upstate. The hamlet was then named ‘Plainview’, for the view of the Hempstead Plains from the top of the Manetto Hills.
Plainview remained a farming community, famous for growing cucumbers for the huge Heinz pickle factories located in nearby Farmingdale and Hicksville. In the early 1900s blight destroyed the cucumber crop and many farmers switched to potatoes. After World War II, a potato blight combined with the desire of many returning GIs to leave New York City for the more rural Long Island, convinced many farmers to sell their property, leading to massive development in the area, giving rise to so-called suburban sprawl. Between 1950 and 1960, the hamlet grew from a population of 1,155 to more than 35,000. Most of the available land was developed during this period or otherwise designated as parkland. While overall development declined it did continue sporadically as smaller remaining parcels of land were also developed. In recent years, some of the few large remaining parcels have given way to gated communities, which are in contrast to most housing in the area. Some of these developments include ‘The Hamlet on Olde Oyster Bay’ and ‘The Seasons at Plainview’, a residential community focused on over age 55 residents and first time home buyers.
Directions from Plainview, NY to First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.
Here are some cleaning-related links:
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association
- International Sanitary Supply Association
- Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- Cleaning For A Reason: An ISSA Charity