Mold Remediation in Plandome, NY 11030
Everything You Need To Know About Mold Inspection And Testing In Plandome, NY
Are you planning to buy a new home in Plandome, NY? Did you observe any black spots in your own house in Nassau County?
Molds can be hazardous to your health if left untreated or undetected. Inspecting mold spores or noticing any dark spots in your home can help you make informed decisions before buying a new house.
First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is the most extensive and reliable mold inspection, mole testing, and mole remediation company in Plandome, NY.
Situations Or Incidents After Which Mold Inspection Is Must
Many people in Nassau County believe that it is easy to spot a mold. But molds can grow anywhere from ceiling bathrooms to not visible places like behind the wallpaper or baseboards.
You should do mold inspection regularly. There are situations, events, and incidents in which you should check for any mold problems:
1) Water damage: You need to get your place inspected if there are any roof leaks or broken pipes. Any place in your house that got wet and you could not dry it within 48 hours. The place may have got contaminated by mold.
2) Buying New Property: When you plan to buy a house, it is essential to get inspected for water leakages and mold.
3) Unoccupied House: If your house was unoccupied for many months, there are chances for mold development. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. can only identify the mold problems by inspecting the home.
4) After Mold Remediation: If you have recently done any mold remediation, regular check-ups can also help you ensure that your mold problem is resolved entirely.
5) Observe Mold Growing In Your Home: If you notice any dark spots of black or green color growing in your home, these can be molds.
6) Strange Smell: If you find any foul smell inside your house, it can be mold growing in your home. Get your house checked by a professional immediately before it spreads and damages the entire house.
7) Health Complications: Health issues like asthma or other respiratory problems can be due to exposure to molds. It is better to get your place inspected to get rid of mildew to be safe and healthy.
Types Of Mold Testing Performed By Mold Testing Professionals
We, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. in Nassau County, provide a full range of services from inspection to testing to remediation. Any inspection done without testing is like half work done. The test helps you determine what kind of mold is present, and accordingly, the professionals can suggest treatment. There are four basic types of testing professionals do.
1) Air Quality Test: It helps identify the concentration of mold spores in the air. The mold usually develops in dark, moist places. And they slowly spread over time.
2) Surface Test: This test helps determine the extent of your mold problem. The samples are collected from hard surfaces like walls, cabinets, etc.
3) Bulk Testing: This test determines the concentration of mold inside the walls or low visibility places.
4) Culture Tests: It identifies the exact type of mold in your house. The samples are collected from several places from your home. They are further sent to the laboratory to determine the precise kind of mold. And accordingly, the treatment is suggested by the specialist.
A complete physical examination of your house is done during the mold inspection. The mold inspector uses flashlights, cameras, and other tools to access the place prone to mold growth like HVAC ducts, pipes, storage areas, etc. The EPA recommends calling experienced professionals if the mold contamination is more than 10 square feet.
Call us First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc., if you are buying a new house in Plandome, NY, or suspect any mold problems in your home. Our experts in Plandome, NY, will contact you promptly. Call us at 516-541-0500 if you need a trusted partner to help you make that choice.
Some information about Plandome, NY
Plandome is a village in the Town of North Hempstead in Nassau County, on the North Shore of Long Island, in New York, United States. It is considered part of the Greater Manhasset area, which is anchored by Manhasset. The population was 1,349 at the 2010 census.
The Great Neck and Port Washington Railroad, a subsidiary of the Long Island Rail Road built what is today known as the Port Washington Branch through the community in 1898; Plandome became a flag stop until it received a station in 1909. The original station building suffered a serious fire in January 1987, and was rebuilt along with platform lengthening and refurbishment by 1990.
The Village of Plandome was incorporated in 1911 as the Plandome Land Company began to develop the village itself, though some homes, farmhouses, and mills had been built in the area in prior decades. Plandome, like the surrounding villages Plandome Manor and Plandome Heights, derives its name from the Latin ‘Planus Domus’, meaning plain, or level home.
The Willets Farmhouse, circa 1810, is still extant on Willets Lane. It was built by brewer George Willets of the Willets family of Cow Neck. The house was recently restored and is not currently landmarked. The Almeron and Olive Smith House at 50 South Drive is dated to 1907 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.
Directions from Plandome, NY to First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.
Here are some cleaning-related links:
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association
- International Sanitary Supply Association
- Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- Cleaning For A Reason: An ISSA Charity