Mold Remediation in Point Lookout, NY 11569
Everything You Need To Know About Mold Inspection And Testing In Point Lookout, NY
Are you planning to buy a new home in Point Lookout, NY? Did you observe any black spots in your own house in Nassau County?
Molds can be hazardous to your health if left untreated or undetected. Inspecting mold spores or noticing any dark spots in your home can help you make informed decisions before buying a new house.
First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is the most extensive and reliable mold inspection, mole testing, and mole remediation company in Point Lookout, NY.
Situations Or Incidents After Which Mold Inspection Is Must
Many people in Nassau County believe that it is easy to spot a mold. But molds can grow anywhere from ceiling bathrooms to not visible places like behind the wallpaper or baseboards.
You should do mold inspection regularly. There are situations, events, and incidents in which you should check for any mold problems:
1) Water damage: You need to get your place inspected if there are any roof leaks or broken pipes. Any place in your house that got wet and you could not dry it within 48 hours. The place may have got contaminated by mold.
2) Buying New Property: When you plan to buy a house, it is essential to get inspected for water leakages and mold.
3) Unoccupied House: If your house was unoccupied for many months, there are chances for mold development. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. can only identify the mold problems by inspecting the home.
4) After Mold Remediation: If you have recently done any mold remediation, regular check-ups can also help you ensure that your mold problem is resolved entirely.
5) Observe Mold Growing In Your Home: If you notice any dark spots of black or green color growing in your home, these can be molds.
6) Strange Smell: If you find any foul smell inside your house, it can be mold growing in your home. Get your house checked by a professional immediately before it spreads and damages the entire house.
7) Health Complications: Health issues like asthma or other respiratory problems can be due to exposure to molds. It is better to get your place inspected to get rid of mildew to be safe and healthy.
Types Of Mold Testing Performed By Mold Testing Professionals
We, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. in Nassau County, provide a full range of services from inspection to testing to remediation. Any inspection done without testing is like half work done. The test helps you determine what kind of mold is present, and accordingly, the professionals can suggest treatment. There are four basic types of testing professionals do.
1) Air Quality Test: It helps identify the concentration of mold spores in the air. The mold usually develops in dark, moist places. And they slowly spread over time.
2) Surface Test: This test helps determine the extent of your mold problem. The samples are collected from hard surfaces like walls, cabinets, etc.
3) Bulk Testing: This test determines the concentration of mold inside the walls or low visibility places.
4) Culture Tests: It identifies the exact type of mold in your house. The samples are collected from several places from your home. They are further sent to the laboratory to determine the precise kind of mold. And accordingly, the treatment is suggested by the specialist.
A complete physical examination of your house is done during the mold inspection. The mold inspector uses flashlights, cameras, and other tools to access the place prone to mold growth like HVAC ducts, pipes, storage areas, etc. The EPA recommends calling experienced professionals if the mold contamination is more than 10 square feet.
Call us First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc., if you are buying a new house in Point Lookout, NY, or suspect any mold problems in your home. Our experts in Point Lookout, NY, will contact you promptly. Call us at 516-541-0500 if you need a trusted partner to help you make that choice.
Some information about Point Lookout, NY
Point Lookout is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) located in the town of Hempstead in Nassau County, New York. The population was 1,219 at the time of the 2010 census. The town is mostly made up of residential homes, with several small businesses on Lido Boulevard. The town is surrounded on three sides by water. Today, Point Lookout has become a popular location for summer residences. Among its inhabitants, it is commonly referred to as ‘PLO’.
Point Lookout’s first known inhabitants were Merrick (Meroke) Native Americans, a tribe of the Algonquin people. The first European settlers in Point Lookout were Dutch, who arrived in the 1640s, followed by the English, in the 1660s.
The barrier beach on which Point Lookout sits has been, in one incarnation or another, there for hundreds, if not thousands of years. The first mention of Point Lookout begins to appear in the mid 19th century, as a location for whalers, and as a dangerous spot for ships. A U.S. Life Saving Station was established at Point Lookout in 1872; ironically, it was due to the tragic wreck of the U.S.S. Mexico on January 2, 1837 that a U.S. Life Saving Service was created; the service remained there until farmers grew salt hay on the marshes that stretch behind the site.
A series of hotel and seasonal bungalows was built, as was a seasonal railroad connecting Point Lookout to Long Beach, but nearly all these structures were destroyed over time by either winter storms or fire. During the summer months ferries from the Woodcleft Canal in Freeport brought hundreds of day-trippers to Point Lookout’s beaches, and for those who lived in Point Lookout, or in the small community to the east called Nassau By the Sea, the barrier island was a paradise.
Directions from Point Lookout, NY to First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.
Here are some cleaning-related links:
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association
- International Sanitary Supply Association
- Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- Cleaning For A Reason: An ISSA Charity