Mold Remediation in Montauk, NY 11954
How To Do Early Stage Mold Treatment At Home The Right Way In Montauk, NY?
Mold is such a problem that it needs an immediate and permanent solution. Are you facing any mold problems but still confused about resolving the mold issues? Whether you should hire a team of professionals or you can fix it on your own?
Let us resolve this confusion for you; whether you should hire a professional mold treatment service or how to fix it on your own?
Getting rid of mold around Suffolk County is not easy, but everyone wants to kill mold despite being hazardous. Mold is present everywhere, but it grows when it comes in contact with moisture or water. Mold spores are microscopic and float in the air, but they start growing and turn into colonies when contact with moisture.
The process of mold treatment depends upon the surface and area. You should first stop the source of water or moisture due to which it arises. But it’s recommended by experts to hire a professional mold treatment service when the affected area crosses 10 square feet area.
7 Step Formula To Do Mold Treatment On Your Own
Mold grows when it comes in contact with moisture or water, and it needs immediate treatment to secure your property and health.
If you want to do mold treatment yourself, here is the 7 step formula by First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.. Follow this formula step by step, and don’t forget any safety precautions.
1) Don’t go for mold cleanup if you have any health concerns. Keep the essential tools like drywall saw, scrub brush, shop vacuum, paintbrush, window fan, and utility knife. Wear safety glasses, rubber gloves, and N -95 respirator; safety precaution is the priority. Otherwise, it may cause respiratory problems and skin problems.
2) Firstly, check the HVAC system (heating/ventilation/air/conditioning), as if this is the reason for the exposure to mold. If the HVAC is found contaminated with mold, you should clean it to stop mold spread.
3) Inspect the mold and check its affected area and the cause of the mold (don’t clean on your own if the affected area exceeds 10 square feet). If the reason is sewage or contaminated water, go for a professional service from First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc..
4) Repair leaky pipes and other water problems; completely dry all the items.
5) Scrub down the mold surface with a scrub brush, detergent, and water. Clean the surface properly and dry the surface.
6) If you find absorbent or porous materials like carpet and ceiling tiles, throw them out. Mold can grow anywhere especially empty spaces and crevices of porous materials, and it would be more challenging to remove the mold in your home.
7) After removing the mold from the surface, dry the surface before applying paint, as it may get peeled if applied over moldy surfaces.
If you are unsure about cleaning up mold, it’s better to hire a professional mold cleanup service that does permanent mold treatment. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is a preferred choice of residents in Montauk, NY for the mold treatment.
Want Professional Mold Treatment Near Montauk? Call us At 631-587-5300
If the DIY mold treatment formula doesn’t sound great for you, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. in Montauk, NY is the best alternative solution for you. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. offers various services, including mold remediation, mold inspection, and so more.
Indeed, you are not an expert, so why lose your time and efforts in such an activity where the result is not guaranteed. It’s better to hire a professional service who will tackle molds and make your home clean with mold treatment.
First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is premier mold remediation and mold removal experts in Montauk, NY. Our experts in Suffolk County are efficient in cleaning all types of mold treatment in a property, and we have been serving around Suffolk County and nearby areas for many years.
Mold damages are concerning for your home and your health. Call us today at 631-587-5300 and get professional mold treatment with First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.! Whether you are a family with 0-3 kids, retirees, or working couples, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. ensures mold-free homes.
Some information about Montauk, NY
Montauk is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) in the Town of East Hampton in Suffolk County, New York, on the eastern end of the South Shore of Long Island. As of the 2010 United States census, the CDP’s population was 3,326.
Montauk derives its name from the Montaukett tribe, an Algonquian-speaking tribe who lived in the area. In 1614, Dutch explorer Adriaen Block encountered the tribe at Montauk Point, which he named Hoeck van de Visschers, or ‘Point of the Fishers’. Two decades later, in 1637, the Montauketts sided for their own protection with the New England settlers in the Pequot War in Connecticut. In the aftermath the Montauketts were to sell Gardiners Island. In 1648 what would become the Town of Easthampton (first Maidstone) was sold to settlers by the colony of Connecticut and the colony of New Haven while retaining the lands to the east, from the hills rising above where the first fort stood (Napeague, New York) to Montauk Point. The western boundary of today’s Hither Hills State Park is also known as the 1648 purchase line.
In 1653, Narragansetts under Ninigret attacked and burned the Montaukett village, killing 30 and capturing one of Chief Wyandanch’s daughters. The daughter was recovered with the aid of Lion Gardiner (who in turn was given a large portion of Smithtown, New York in appreciation). The Montauketts, ravaged by smallpox and fearing extermination by the Narragansetts, were provided temporary refuge by white settlers in East Hampton. Many short but famous battles ensued. The skirmishes ended in 1657. Fort Pond Bay derives its name from a Montaukett ‘fort’ on its shore. A deed was issued in 1661 titled ‘Ye deed of Guift’ which granted all of the lands east of Fort Pond to be for the common use of both the Indians and the townsmen.
Further purchase agreements were entered into in 1661, 1672 and 1686 which, among other things, allowed a group of Easthampton townsmen to graze cattle on the Montaukett lands. While some lands were protected in the agreements as forest land, for the most part, all of Montauk was maintained by the townsmen as a private livestock and fisheries operation. As a result of Montauk being operated as a livestock operation, it is considered to be the oldest cattle ranch in the United States.
Directions from Montauk, NY to First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.
Here are some cleaning-related links:
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association
- International Sanitary Supply Association
- Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- Cleaning For A Reason: An ISSA Charity