Mold Remediation in Old Westbury, NY 11568
Everything You Need To Know About Mold Inspection And Testing In Old Westbury, NY
Are you planning to buy a new home in Old Westbury, NY? Did you observe any black spots in your own house in Nassau County?
Molds can be hazardous to your health if left untreated or undetected. Inspecting mold spores or noticing any dark spots in your home can help you make informed decisions before buying a new house.
First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. is the most extensive and reliable mold inspection, mole testing, and mole remediation company in Old Westbury, NY.
Situations Or Incidents After Which Mold Inspection Is Must
Many people in Nassau County believe that it is easy to spot a mold. But molds can grow anywhere from ceiling bathrooms to not visible places like behind the wallpaper or baseboards.
You should do mold inspection regularly. There are situations, events, and incidents in which you should check for any mold problems:
1) Water damage: You need to get your place inspected if there are any roof leaks or broken pipes. Any place in your house that got wet and you could not dry it within 48 hours. The place may have got contaminated by mold.
2) Buying New Property: When you plan to buy a house, it is essential to get inspected for water leakages and mold.
3) Unoccupied House: If your house was unoccupied for many months, there are chances for mold development. First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. can only identify the mold problems by inspecting the home.
4) After Mold Remediation: If you have recently done any mold remediation, regular check-ups can also help you ensure that your mold problem is resolved entirely.
5) Observe Mold Growing In Your Home: If you notice any dark spots of black or green color growing in your home, these can be molds.
6) Strange Smell: If you find any foul smell inside your house, it can be mold growing in your home. Get your house checked by a professional immediately before it spreads and damages the entire house.
7) Health Complications: Health issues like asthma or other respiratory problems can be due to exposure to molds. It is better to get your place inspected to get rid of mildew to be safe and healthy.
Types Of Mold Testing Performed By Mold Testing Professionals
We, First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc. in Nassau County, provide a full range of services from inspection to testing to remediation. Any inspection done without testing is like half work done. The test helps you determine what kind of mold is present, and accordingly, the professionals can suggest treatment. There are four basic types of testing professionals do.
1) Air Quality Test: It helps identify the concentration of mold spores in the air. The mold usually develops in dark, moist places. And they slowly spread over time.
2) Surface Test: This test helps determine the extent of your mold problem. The samples are collected from hard surfaces like walls, cabinets, etc.
3) Bulk Testing: This test determines the concentration of mold inside the walls or low visibility places.
4) Culture Tests: It identifies the exact type of mold in your house. The samples are collected from several places from your home. They are further sent to the laboratory to determine the precise kind of mold. And accordingly, the treatment is suggested by the specialist.
A complete physical examination of your house is done during the mold inspection. The mold inspector uses flashlights, cameras, and other tools to access the place prone to mold growth like HVAC ducts, pipes, storage areas, etc. The EPA recommends calling experienced professionals if the mold contamination is more than 10 square feet.
Call us First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc., if you are buying a new house in Old Westbury, NY, or suspect any mold problems in your home. Our experts in Old Westbury, NY, will contact you promptly. Call us at 516-541-0500 if you need a trusted partner to help you make that choice.
Some information about Old Westbury, NY
Old Westbury is a village in the Towns of North Hempstead and Oyster Bay in Nassau County, on the North Shore of Long Island, in New York, United States. The population was 4,671 at the 2010 census.
Westbury was founded by Edmond Titus, and was later joined by Henry Willis, one of the first English settlers. Westbury had been a Quaker community of isolated farms until the railroad came in 1836. After the Civil War, the New York elite discovered that the rich, well-wooded flat countryside of the Hempstead Plains was a place to raise horses, and to hunt foxes and play polo at the Meadow Brook Polo Club.
The Village of Old Westbury was incorporated in 1924, separating itself from Westbury, the adjacent area that housed many of the families of the construction and building staffs for the Old Westbury mansions. The ‘Old’ part of Old Westbury’s name reflects the community’s need for its postal address to be different from the Westbury in Cayuga County, as per postal requirements (it had been using a postal address of North Hempstead for this reason); residents did this when they wanted a local post office ca. 1841, and when they incorporated Old Westbury as a village, they felt that it would be confusing for the village name and post office name to be different from one another. The Village of Westbury, located adjacent to Old Westbury, adopted that designation when it incorporated in 1932 as Cayuga County’s Westbury’s name was no longer being used.
The area was originally known as Wallage, which is related to a Native American term roughly meaning ‘ditch’ or ‘hole.’ By February 1663, it was known as Wood Edge, and by October 1675 it was known as ‘the Plains edge’ or simply Plainedge. The name Westbury began to be used for the area around 1683. The name Westbury was chosen by Henry Willis, who named it after Westbury, Wiltshire, his hometown in England.
Directions from Old Westbury, NY to First Response Restoration and Cleaning Inc.
Here are some cleaning-related links:
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association
- International Sanitary Supply Association
- Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- Cleaning For A Reason: An ISSA Charity